Let’s be honest, today’s real estate market is a crapshoot at best. Homes for sale have to compete against a glut of inventory, hesitant buyers and low-priced foreclosed properties.
If you’re selling, then you need to find a way to make your home stand out. One easy way is to spruce up your old or tired master bath. Just a few cost-effective changes can turn an ordinary or lackluster bath into an inviting haven of relaxation and pampering.
Renovating a master bath can have a very strong impact on the overall feel of the house, which could boost its resale value or even be the decision factor for a buyer choosing between many different options.
If your goal is to sell, then your remodel should be focused on getting the maximum return for your dollar. This can be achieved by following the tips below:
- Avoid falling for flashy trends or spending extra dollars on expensive fixtures and fittings.
- Renovate with the demographic of your most likely buyer in mind.
- Choose timeless and classic materials and finishes, which are beautiful and appealing to your target demographic.
- Play up the emotional value of the bathroom. Women tend to place more importance on bathrooms and are looking for space, beauty and comfort.
- A frameless glass shower enclosure will visually expand the space.
- Select neutral toned stone or quartz for the countertops and complementary floor and wall tile. These finishes are also easy to clean and show well.
- Give the bathroom a special touch to help it stand out in the minds of perspective buyers. This could be a unique faucet, a bright stripe of color on the walls or even just a bouquet of fresh flowers.
- Pay close attention to the lighting and what mood/emotion it gives the bathroom.
If you are having trouble selling your house or anxious about putting it on the market, a master bath makeover might just do the trick. Give us a call at (619) 448-2927 to see what we can do for your master bathroom.